Friday, April 28, 2006

In the End....Hong Kong It is...Will Our Divided Path Join Again??

Sorry that I din update my blog coz my monitor finally died on Thursday morning 11.45 am…no matter how I tried to revive it…well….it’s not the cable problem either….*long sigh* so it’s DEAD. Well I m able to blog now becoz I just bought a new CRT monitor 15 inches…for RM 288. I think the price ok lar….got two years guarantee summore.

Hehe…anyway guys I M BACK!!!! Dun worry bout that leh…

Btw I think in the end it’s Hong Kong for me ler…I haf submitted the forms and stuffs and in two months’ time I will be off to HK…early July I think coz I hafta go through a summer programme before the uni programme commences….

I chose HKUST coz :

First, approximately I will spend HKD10,000 more each year in HKUST other than the HKD100,000 the uni gonna give me each year….and in total that would be, HKD30,000 which is equal to RM14,000. Comparing to Singapore where I dun haf any scholarship at all, thinking that if I might get full loan, I still hafta pay like RM48,000 at least for my accommodation and living expenses in that four years of studies….

Second, HKUST has a 3 years course while Singapore uni is 4 years. One year less and PLUS HKIE is one of the signatory boards in the world organization of IE…Singapore is not (I heard that Singapore is trying to sign up for the signatory board…).Course approved by HK has more power in the terms of worldwide job prospect. And I can work in Malaysia as well. ;-)

Third, THERE IS NO BOND!!! Singapore unis have bonds on u such that u hafta work for them after finishing ur course but HK doesn’t have that crap…..

So in the end it’s HK right? *deep sigh* Altho I dun really feel like going but I dun think wanna miss this chance of a lifetime to slip past me….And now I really dun feel like leaving ler…………..ARGGGHH!!! I m so not ready for this!!!

Well, all u guys know…in the end our gang all separated d…..Australia (Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane), Russia, England, Japan, Singapore, KL and now I m going Hong Kong….i guess finally it has reached the time for us to explore and conquer the world!!!! GAMBATTE KUDASAI!!!! ARGHHH!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh...tell u wat...sooner or later osso u will hv to leave home to explore the world.. take it as a new experience, dare to face the challenge, dare to dream big and work hard for it...
tell u what once u reach HK you wont regret that you choose to go there...its sorta a new experience u know =)

well..i wish u all d best in HK...and enjoy these few months before you leave to HK

=)

Tan Sri said...

hmmmmm u forgot adelaide..
but going overseas is a way to expand ur horizons

june_o said...

YOu'll be fine lol...hope you converse well in cantonese though :D
hahaa....forgot about me eh ? :P Thanks tan sri ;)
neeways, All the Best !!Set yourself small goals and keep the big picture in mind when you are there ....results will come naturally
Cheers

Wei Zhi said...

chin gy.. now looks like everyone really chao liao.....
enjoy ur remaining time in penang man... chat wif u when u go on9 ;)

Tan Sri said...

to clarify, singapore unis dun hv a bond on u to work with them, but rather with singapore registered companies. this is a way for singapore to hv a brain gain, instead of the brain loss happening to the malaysian goverment

Anonymous said...

huh .. who's in singapore?

Tan Sri said...

i tot hkust's semester stars only in september? y go so early?

Anonymous said...

all the best to you!!

CW TAN said...

whois mushroom???

GLO said...

oh i go early becoz there's a summer programmed commencing in july 12th...so i hafta get there earlier than 12th july...

ya the real course starts in september....haih....that's why after the summer programme which ends in mid august, i would hafta 'confine' myself in HK for a month like that

Tan Sri said...

sounds like a bridging course lidat

CW TAN said...

eh dun leave before 7th july ar...

can go hang out.... esp when ej is back also sumtime ard then....

chin kimg said...

i actually wanted to try the summer programme earlier but since it's in july so cannot:P
have fun there!

GLO said...

try summer programme? hahahaha...oh ya hor, u can actually sneak in one...clever ya... ;-)

i m leaving on 10th july lar chuan wei...sure will hang out with u guys before leaving...coz may not see u guys in 3 years time oso dunno right?

*deep sigh*

Anonymous said...

Well, enjoy more before u go to Hk.
All the best to u....

GLO said...

wah rare visitor...was surprise when i saw the number of comments soar up a lil...haha

thx..i will