Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On the Verge of Uncertain Future

Guys, I was offered the scholarship in civil engineering by Hong Kong University of Science & Technology…I know some of u might say that I m lucky but actually I m not…becoz this offer causes me immense confusion which torments me these few days.

First, I found out HKUST’s 3 years course is not recognized by Malaysia…though the amount of money given is a lot, but I think I would have to let this option go…this is indeed sth very painful.

Aih…I think I would choose Singapore uni in the end although sg din offer scholarship due to the reason mentioned above.(accreditation prob) But anyhow I will check the details of the accreditation HKUST engineering course coz last night when I surfed Malaysian government website, they stated that they recognize the degree…but I doubt that very much becoz HK Institute of Engineers still do not stated that they accredit that particular course.

I decide to wait for the news from Singapore uni first I guess…..*sigh*…will keep u guys update. Dun worry.

11 comments:

Tan Sri said...

A possibility is either malaysia or hkie din update their website.... and usually its the former that doesnt, seeing that hkie doesnt recognise only recently.... means malaysia may not hv the time to react as of yet....
however, it could be the latter .... there still remains a probability...
anyway, u plan to work here?

CW TAN said...

oh well.... sorrz for not speaking to za for so long....

in cyech rep...

stupid kzboard... dunno what letter is where... i onlz see ý...

it is a qwertz keýboard....

anzwaazs... will tell u abt it when i get back...

GLO said...

to tan sri: ya i think they din update so i dun trust them...now waiting for the e-mail of HKIE...if they dun reply in three days i guess i hafta call them.
Work here? no lar...just that if i were to have any chance or sudden event that wants me back in malaysia and to work my cert can still be used mar...last resort

to chuan wei: wahliew wtf are u writing??? shit lar u

Anonymous said...

Well, just wait n c lor.
Wish u good luck.

GLO said...

oh ya han yee my comp loads a long time lar when i log onto ur blog

hard for me to leave comments coz i hafta wait a very long time....(my connection is dial-up...)

so i will leave comments when i go to internet cafe lar...wont break my promises

CW TAN said...

urm sorri.... was in prague... and the blardee czech keyboard have their words upside down one...

anyway...

i actually din care whether malaysian engineering council recognise my degree or not...

it's going to the university u want... even if it means it's course is not accredited

GLO said...

wahliew...but if that particular course is not even recognized by the IE in that country i think u wont go as well kua???

very dangerous u know...cant even work in that country

dun tell me u r coming back to malaysia??????

CW TAN said...

worth consideration..... :p

problem is ..

i wanna work for airbus... :p

GLO said...

*speechless*

well...airbus...good idea lar there...

:-P

not coming back pg for easter hols?

CW TAN said...

last days of easter hols...

not worth coming back also...

parents not in penang....

gotta study coz i dun really understand much of last terms stuff... :p

GLO said...

i guess u r letting ur guard down on education...hafta be serious on it ler