Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Memoirs Of A Birdsha (Part II) - The Essay

When applying for ntu scholarship (which i dun get...) there was a request for the applicants to submit an essay on a title "write an essay about a person who influences u the most and why"

I was so siao that i wrote this 'creative' and 'birdy' essay and seriously want to submit it....until in the end kena stopped by all my gang...dan lar...tst lar...all say this essay is good but it will be...er...not suitable to become a scholarship essay.........

well, u guys judge it lar....i still think it's good ;-)

When I first laid my lips on his, even I wondered if I could be gay. Everyone around us was staring unbelievably at us, all stunned in consternation. The crowd in the restaurant didn’t even utter anything soft, and I was almost firmly sure that I had invented the technology of stopping time.

Yet I did not regret what I had done, even up till today, kissing the person that has influenced me that much mouth to mouth. After the kiss, he still kept that friendly smile of his, and still looking good now in his characteristic white suit and black bow tie. Everything between us both remains normal, believe me.

The decision to kiss him came after I had endured all those hardships by holding onto the values of his life: determination and perseverance. At the age of 66, he set out on a journey around America, cooking batches of chicken for restaurant owners and getting business for his fried chicken. Even encountering troubles and setbacks, he never gave up. Whenever I felt like giving up in my studies or any of my doings, the determination of Harland Sanders will drag me up from the abyss of despair. I was never ever so grateful for the life lesson that he had taught me of being a person who never gives up easily.

Yes, Harland Sanders, better known as the founder of KFC, is the person that influences me the most. His remarkable life teaches me the lesson that it’s never too late to achieve my dreams, and never to give up. Therefore when I saw him sitting peacefully and smiling friendly in the KFC restaurant, I wanted to thank him for what he brought to my life.

Nothing serves better than a kiss, right? Thank you, Harland Sanders!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WU LIAO!*rolls eyes*

GLO said...

WHAT?? that's a jotting of sth really happened...not wu liao one

Anonymous said...

huh?? =S i don't even understand ur essay! wu liao la! =D

Anonymous said...

oops...i understand...but it's STILL wu liao =P

GLO said...

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.....u r making me going mad ee lin....shit lar u

Anonymous said...

that's what i'm good at! =D

wu liao!!

lalala~

GLO said...

hahaha...u wu liao nia...me birdy

my blog is getting more and more birdier

Anonymous said...

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALAALA

Anonymous said...

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALAALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALAALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALAALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALAALA

I'm loving it! yummy! McD's!!

Anonymous said...

Again....
When i read till the middle n guess out is founder of kfc...
Me again nearly wanna laugh out in the com room.
U really keng ler...
Like tat also can write out.

GLO said...

hahaha thanks for ur comment. i will leave comment in ur blog when i go to cyber cafe coz my connection loads slow...read the comment i left at 'on the verge of uncertain future' for further info...

thx for ur comment

and to ee lin: my god dun flood my blog...

Anonymous said...

sheesh...when did i flood ur blog?!

GLO said...

iish.....the Lalalala thingie lar...it's flooding my blog k

Anonymous said...

hahaha...ok ok...i'll
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO~

then! ;)

GLO said...

to prevent sumone with a big head like ee lin to flood my comments section, i assign the 'word verification' feature...hope u guys wont be troubled by it.

sorry for the inconvenience.
(*glare* at ee lin)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

still it's of no use...i can see the alphabets CLEARLY...hehehe~

anyway, y don't u juz let bloggers comment? OH! i forgot...haha...u have friends who are not bloggers?