Wednesday, July 23, 2008

City of Devils V - The Awakening

Man once sang to me
Look at you saving the world on your own
And I wonder how things gonna be
As the time here it passes so slow

The sad guitar riffs go on and on. The streets are crowded with lost hope and misdirection.

I am looking away no more as the angry devils arch over the innocence. I do not seek to throw myself into flames, only that I seek the fire that burns me down when you fall into one and fight me.

Fight me, fight me harsh and fight me real.
Fight me true and with all my will, I will purge you.

Sword unsheathed, sorrows lamented and eyes fixed. The glare is of all but fear.

I will march, when the first distant war cry sounds over the battlefield. And charge forward I shall, in an absolute silent yet confident manner, like a pack of wolves sweeping down from the top of the ancient mogul snow mountains.

No comments: